Lesaka Reports First Quarter 2023 Results
Lesaka’s revenue for Q1 2023 exceeds the upper end of our Q1 2023 guidance provided (on constant currency basis) and Segment Adjusted EBITDA is at the upper end of our Q1 2023 guidance provided.
The Connect acquisition outperformance continues and we remain on track to achieve Consumer break-even.
“Our first quarter results demonstrate that
- Revenue of
$124.8 million( ZAR 2.1 billion)1 in Q1 2023, compared to $34.5 million( ZAR 504 million)1 for the quarter ended September 30, 2021(“Q1 2022”), increase driven by the inclusion of Connect for the full fiscal quarter.
- Segment Adjusted EBITDA for Q1 2023 improved to income of
ZAR 111 million( $6.5 million) compared to a loss of ZAR 106 million( $7.3 million) in Q1 2022.
- In our Merchant business, we continue to build a leading position in a growing and underserved market. Merchant Segment Adjusted EBITDA for Q1 2023 increased to
ZAR 135 million( $7.9 million) compared to ZAR 28 million( $1.9 million) in Q1 2022 predominantly attributable to the inclusion of Connect. The Connect acquisition outperformance continues and the strong underlying fundamentals that underpin this business remain unchanged.
- The good progress in transforming our Consumer business continues, with Consumer Segment Adjusted EBITDA for Q1 2023 improving to a loss of
ZAR 24 million( $1.4 million) compared to a ZAR 137 million( $9.4 million) loss in Q1 2022.
- Along with the significant progress in right-sizing our Consumer cost base, the active Consumer account base grew by 13% compared to Q1 2022, while transaction volumes and revenues improved.
1. The ZAR weakened 17% against the
Full release and webcast details at Investor Relations |
Investor Relations Contact :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +27 84 512 5393
Email : LesakaIR@icrinc.com
Media Relations Contact: